Energy & Clean Growth
IN THE NORTHERN POWERHOUSE
Energy & Clean Growth in the Northern Powerhouse is a three day conference and exhibition being held at the Bonus Arena in Hull between 5-7 November 2019.
It is organised by the NP11, a collection of the 11 Local Enterprise Partnerships that cover the 76 Local Authorities in the North of England, and in conjunction with the Department of Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy’s Green GB & NI Week.
- showcase the North’s successes and aspirations
- debate the hot topics for policy makers
- promote future technologies and ground-breaking research
- assess the economic environment for businesses of all sizes and their workforces
- illustrate the case for inward investment across these regions
We will soon be announcing further information about speakers and the programme across the three days.
Would you like to attend? Register on our booking site.
The event will also feature a large exhibition area as well as break-out meetings, social events and a gala dinner. If your organisation would be interested in taking an exhibition space, being a headline partner, sponsoring part of the event, or ensuring that your marketing is seen by attendees and invitees, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keynote speeches from politicians, academics & business leaders with a focus on innovation & future technologies, plus panel discussions, presentations & seminars on topics including:
- Launch of new Northern Powerhouse Clean Growth report
- Role of the North in Tackling climate Change
- Hydrogen for Heat
- Hydrogen for Transport
- Smart ports
- Decarbonising marine & aviation
- Making More of Tidal Technology
- District Heat Networks
- Geothermal heat & mine water
- Making the most of Solar power
- Biofuels, biomass & anaerobic digestion
- Best practice partnerships between education & business
- Platform for PhD students
- Platforms for Northern Universities
- Evening drinks reception
Keynote speeches from politicians and business leaders with a focus on industry supply chains, SMEs & skills, plus panel discussions, presentations & seminars on topics including:
- Advice for companies operating within the wind, solar, nuclear, hydrogen, CCUS, geothermal & tidal sectors
- Opportunities and Challenges for Energy in the North
- Green Jobs Revolution
- Training, attracting & retaining talent & skills in the North
- Attracting national & international investment to your region
- Access to green finance & funding
- Skills & investment workshops
- Diversity and Inclusion in the Energy Sector
- The Circular Economy
- Gala Dinner at Hull Minster
Keynote speeches from politicians and business leaders with a focus on national & local policy issues, plus panel discussions, presentations & seminars on topics including:
- Carbon Capture, Usage & Storage
- Offshore Wind Sector Deal
- Local Industrial Strategies showcase
- How the North can co-operate more effectively
- Biofuels/Biomass sector policy discussion
- Decarbonising transport/public transport
- What the new government/Brexit means for UK’s Green Future
- Practical advice for Climate Emergency local authorities
Speakers, timings and more information to be confirmed. Programmes subject to change.